Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Live Animals vs. Stuffed Animals


While I was working this morning, I saw Rupert prancing around the property with a stuffed animal in his mouth. My aunt and uncle have left several teddy bears around the property and Rupert often brings them in and dismantles them in the den. He was walking with such bounce this morning he reminded me of our old family dog, Sadie. The first thing Sadie would do when we got home was grab her stuffed rabbit and prance back and forth across the living room in front of us, as if she was proud of her fake kill. This morning, it took me a couple hours to realize that the stuffed animal in Rupert's mouth was actually a dead squirrel. Now, he keeps trying to bring it inside. I'm not sure what to do because there's no way I'm letting him in the house with that thing. The worst part is earlier this morning I let him lick me on the cheek when I still thought it was a stuffed animal.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you should let him be chompin on that mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. better than him chompin on your doad, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete